WIN A $200 VOUCHER!
Win a $200 voucher to spend on Cocktail Kit!
Simply enter your email address below to be notified of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign and you'll be in the draw to WIN. Competition winner will be announced on our YouTube channel - subscribe now.
The Philadelphia Fish House Punch, one of the most famous of punch recipes, was first referenced in writing as far back as 1794. The drink originated at the ‘State in Schuylkill Fishing Corporation’, a fishing and social club in Philadelphia established in 1732.
The Oleo-Saccharum plays a crucial role in this punch - providing more depth of flavour and stronger citrus notes. Take the time the day before to prepare it and make your clear block ice for a far superior Fish House Punch.
- 1Lt Jamaican Rum
- 500mL Cognac
- 125mL Peach Brandy
- 1Lt of Earl Grey Tea (or water, if preferred)
- 250mL Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Batch of Oleo-Saccharum (below)
- 4 Lemons (peeled and peels reserved)
- 200g Sugar (approx. 1 cup)
- Dissolve the Oleo-Saccharum into the tea (or water) in your desired punch bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix
- Use large block ice in the punch bowl - this will chill but dilute at a slower rate compared with cubed ice
- Garnish with lemon wheels, freshly grated nutmeg and edible flowers (optional)
- Add the lemon peels to a bowl
- Cover with sugar and allow to sit for 30+ minutes
- If you have time, add to a vaccuum sealed bag overnight for optimal extraction of the citrus oils
We recommend freezing lemon wheels into your large ice block by using a Bundt cake pan or large bowl and making block ice overnight. Try using directional freezing for a crystal clear ice block too!