WIN A $200 VOUCHER!
Win a $200 voucher to spend on Cocktail Kit!
Simply enter your email address below to be notified of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign and you'll be in the draw to WIN. Competition winner will be announced on our YouTube channel - subscribe now.
Hands down, the best Amaretto Sour recipe you will come across. Originally from renowned bartender and cocktail blogger Jeffrey Morgenthaler. Seriously, it’s that good.
- 45mL Amaretto
- 15mL Bourbon Whiskey
- 30mL Fresh Lemon Juice
- 10mL Sugar Syrup (1:1)
- 1/2 an Egg White
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and add half to your shaker
- Add a single cube of ice and shake to emulsify the egg (this is called a ‘dry shake’)
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill the cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake & strain over fresh ice into a double old fashioned glass
- Garnish with a twist of orange and bitters
This particular recipe was featured in Jeffery Morgenthaler’s ‘The Bar Book‘