The Cobbler has been around since the early 1800s. It’s such a versatile drink and riffs on the sherry cobbler (such as this one) are easily made by incorporating seasonal muddled fruit or syrups. I highly recommend a Pineapple Cobbler!
- 45mL Pedro Ximenez Sherry
- 15mL Bourbon Whiskey
- 10mL Fresh Lemon Juice
- 10mL Sugar Syrup (1:1)
- Add sliced citrus to your glass
- Fill your glass with crushed ice
- Add all the ingredients & stir
- Garnish with a slice of orange, mint and berries (or seasonal fruit)
This is a riff on a classic Sherry Cobbler. I like to add a touch of whiskey and also lower the sugar due to the sweeter PX sherry used. A classic Cobbler calls for 90mL Amontillado (dry) Sherry, 22.5mL Sugar Syrup & Citrus shaken & strained.