The sweet, caramel notes of the bourbon whiskey play well with the coffee liqueur and bitter orange flavours. With adequate dilution and balance of flavours this cocktail makes for a perfect night cap.
Recipe from Jeffrey Morgenthaler’s ‘The Bar Book‘.
- 60mL Makers Mark Bourbon Whiskey
- 15mL Mr. Black Cold Drip Coffee Liqueur
- 2 x dashes of Regan’s No. 6 Bitters
- Fill your mixing glass with ice
- Add all 3 ingredients
- Stir for 25 seconds or until sufficiently diluted
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass
- Garnish with a flamed orange zest