WIN A $200 VOUCHER!
Win a $200 voucher to spend on Cocktail Kit!
Simply enter your email address below to be notified of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign and you'll be in the draw to WIN. Competition winner will be announced on our YouTube channel - subscribe now.
A “Shrub” is basically a fruit-infused vinegar, to which you add either sparkling water, or alcohol. Kind of a cross between a cordial or syrup, and a Kombucha. It’s both sweet and tart – a combo that intrigues.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh ginger root, scraped and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh turmeric root, scraped and sliced (or 1 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns + 3 twist of ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, muddled and/or roughly chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups Apple Cider Vinegar (unpasteurized)
- Cut up fruit, roots and spices into small chunks
- If using ginger and/or turmeric root, scrape off skin with a spoon, then slice.
- If using herbs, roughly chop or muddle them to release oils
- Place 2 cups of fruits, roots, spices, and herbs in a non-reactive bowl.
- Add 2 cups of sugar
- Mix well and cover with a clean dish towel.
- Leave for about 12 hours, or overnight.
- Add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and cover with clean dish towel.
- Leave on counter top or in pantry for 2 – 7 days, stirring daily. If the temperature is hot, you may need to place it in the fridge overnight.
- Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve or colander.
- Pour into a sterilized Mason Jar or Mason Jar bottle.
- Store for up to 6 months in the fridge.
Originally post by @sophieuliano on Instagram