WIN A $200 VOUCHER!
Win a $200 voucher to spend on Cocktail Kit!
Simply enter your email address below to be notified of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign and you'll be in the draw to WIN. Competition winner will be announced on our YouTube channel - subscribe now.
Bartender of the Year Hong Kong 2018 and industry veteran, Jay Khan, has co-founded a Mexican inspired venue of his own, COA. Named after the machete like tool for harvesting agave, the cocktail bar’s drinks list provides a glimpse into the rich, diverse and often misunderstood category of Agave spirits.
Jay's Clarified Coconut Milk Punch features a smoky, peaty Mezcal alongside a rich, delicious pineapple rum with traditional tropical flavours to match - coconut, lime and fresh pineapple.
- 650mL San Juan del Rio Mezcal
- 650mL Plantation Pineapple Rum
- 450mL Coconut Cream
- 450mL Fresh Lime Juice
- 450mL Fresh Pineapple Juice
- 350mL Dry Sherry
- 300mL Spice Syrup
- 300mL Water
- 300g White Sugar
- 150g Cinnamon Bark
- 35g Cardamom
- 40g Earl Grey Tea
- 50g Tamarind Paste
- Infused black tea into Mezcal and rum for 1 hour. Strain and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the coconut cream
- Pour the coconut cream into a jug big enough to hold the entire punch
- Slowly pour the rest of the ingredients into the coconut cream (it will slowly curdle)
- Let it rest for 30 minutes
- Strain with a cheesecloth (and repeat) until liquid runs clear
- Add sugar, water and spice into a sauce pan and bring it to the boil
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Let it cool before straining
- Yields approx. 300mL