WIN A $200 VOUCHER!
Win a $200 voucher to spend on Cocktail Kit!
Simply enter your email address below to be notified of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign and you'll be in the draw to WIN. Competition winner will be announced on our YouTube channel - subscribe now.
Eggnog is simply a blend of milk or cream, eggs, sugar, nutmeg, and liquor. Of course, if you ask a contemporary cocktail connoisseur, they’re likely tell you that a homemade eggnog needs to age.
- 2 large brown eggs
- 2 cups milk, half and half, or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon freshly-grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces bourbon
- Add the egg, milk, sugar, vanilla, and ½ teaspoon nutmeg to a blender or wide-mouth quart-size mason jar
- Blend well (with an immersion blender if you’re using the mason jar), until all of the ingredients are well incorporated and the mixture begins to foam
- Add the bourbon and blend again for at least 30 seconds
- Serve immediately by pouring into a mug or large stemmed glass, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg just before serving
Originally posted on The Boozy Bungalow