WIN A $200 VOUCHER!
Win a $200 voucher to spend on Cocktail Kit!
Simply enter your email address below to be notified of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign and you'll be in the draw to WIN. Competition winner will be announced on our YouTube channel - subscribe now.
Barrel aging adds toasted oak and vanilla notes to a cocktail whilst mellowing the alcohol. The ideal aging is 4-6 weeks depending on your barrel size – the smaller the barrel, the more surface area and faster the process takes place.
- 4.2L Rye or Bourbon Whiskey
- 105mL Angostura Bitters
- 500mL Maple Syrup (diluted)
- Add all the ingredients to a 5 litre barrel
- Age for approximately 4-6 weeks before bottling – taste test during this period regularly
- To serve, stir with ice before straining over fresh ice into your favouite old fashioned glass
- Garnish with a twist of orange